We are hiring!
Educational Publishing: Managing Editor, Mathematics
Cenveo Publisher Services provides high quality content development for educational publishers. Our PreK-12 School Division is looking for energetic and highly motivated candidates to work with us managing the development of math content.
We are seeking an experienced Grades 3-6 math editorial manager to join our content development team. This is a term-of-project position that can lead to a permanent staff position for the right individual.
- Lead a team of writers and editors in content Gr 3-6 math content development for core products
- Work closely with publisher to develop and implement program guidelines
- Edit manuscript and provide feedback to writers and editors
- Manage full workflow to ensure a smooth process
- Liaise with publisher’s in-house team of editors, managers, and project managers
- Supervise/manage overall project
- Work with in-house departments to ensure smooth workflow
- Degree in mathematics or education
- 5+ years of successful experience in Grades 3-6 math leadership position at vendor or educational publisher
- Expertise in Gr 3-6 math content and pedagogy, all phases of development
- Thorough knowledge of content development and publishing procedures
- Ability to edit manuscript and provide feedback to writers and editors under aggressive schedule demands
- Ability to supervise writing and editing resources
- Ability to act as client liaison on high-volume projects
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Interpersonal skills for collaborating with clients and project resources
This is a full-time, term-of-project position to begin as soon as the candidate is identified. Interested applicants should supply a cover letter and resume.